Annual awards ceremony recognized members for their outstanding accomplishments in the real estate industry and continued commitment to the organization and community
MIAMI, FL January 2018 – Concluding an exceptional year, CREW-Miami, the Miami chapter of the leading commercial real estate association Commercial Real Estate Women, recently held its annual awards ceremony. The luncheon honored members for their contributions to the organization and recognized five local college students with scholarships to continue their higher education.
CREW-Miami offers scholarships to young women enrolled in graduate programs in real estate-related studies. This year, the organization recognized five scholarship recipients studying at the University of Miami and Florida International University. The winners are Anna-Bo Emmanuel, Nicole Wingard, Ambarina Pernia, Erica Pettihome, and Laura Norat.
Celebrating 30 years of serving the business and commercial real estate community, CREW-Miami also recognized members who have demonstrated their leadership and excellence in commercial real estate and continued commitment to the organization. The honorees are:
- New Member of the Year Award: the honoree joined CREW-Miami in January 2017 and from the beginning, sought out opportunities to get engaged in chapter initiatives.
- Atalya Alkalay, SmArtArt, Inc.
- Unsung Hero: credited for punctuality, efficiency, responsiveness, and outstanding dedication to advancing CREW-Miami’s initiatives, this member served as Membership Chair during 2017. In that role, the honoree helped to lead recruitment and retention efforts for the 240-member chapter.
- Jacqueline Cruz Bustillo, TotalBank
- Rising Star: As Membership Director, this honoree led the successful “Lunch and Connect” series, consisting of monthly lunches held simultaneously at restaurants around Miami-Dade, giving members an opportunity to connect in a more intimate setting.
- Dalayna Craigman, Bilzin Sumberg
- Star Award: A committed CREW-Miami member since 1998, this honoree has remained actively involved in the organization’s Communications Committee, helping to shape marketing and communications initiatives on behalf of the organization over the past two decades. She has also served as secretary of the board of directors.
- Susan Cumins, Freelance Writer
- President’s Award: the honoree played an integral role supporting 2017 President Kimberly Albanes Ginsburg over the past year. As president elect, she was instrumental in driving forward CREW-Miami’s programs through her leadership and utmost dedication.
- Sara M. Hernandez, Biscayne Bank
- “Congratulations to all the members recognized for their achievements over the past year and to the scholarship recipients who represent the next generation of our region’s commercial real estate industry,” said Kimberly Albanes Ginsburg, 2017 President of CREW-Miami and Real Estate Counsel of Ginsburg Law, LLC. “CREW-Miami has experienced another successful year supporting commercial real estate professionals in the community through its programming, education, mentorship, and support network. We couldn’t have achieved these accomplishments without the hard work, dedication, and leadership of all our members and board.’’
CREW-Miami is an association dedicated to providing a forum for professionals actively involved in the commercial real estate industry, encouraging professional interaction and networking, advancing educational opportunities, and providing a support network for commercial real estate professionals. Since its inception 30 years ago, CREW-Miami has served the South Florida commercial real estate community, expanding steadily to more than 240 professionals representing over 40 disciplines in the commercial real estate industry. CREW-Miami is a member of CREW Network, the industry’s premier business networking organization dedicated to transforming the commercial real estate industry by advancing women globally. CREW Network members comprise more than 10,000 professionals globally and represent nearly all disciplines of commercial real estate. For more information about CREW-Miami, visit www.crewmiami.org. Connect with CREW-Miami on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Media Contact: Schwartz Media Strategies: Yudi Fernandez Semrau: (305) 725-8262