Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW-Miami), a member of the national organization focusing on the advancement of men and women in commercial real estate, announces the launch of Drive the Deal, a regional awareness and education campaign to encourage commercial real estate professionals to position their businesses for growth and to take calculated risks to make their mark in Miami’s strengthening real estate landscape.
The Drive the Deal campaign will be spearheaded by Margaret Nee, CREW-Miami’s 2013 president and Vice President of Development at Pointe Group Advisors.
“The power of building strong business relationships through our CREW-Miami platform was very evident throughout 2012, as our members closed significant deals together and our organization set new records in terms of membership and fundraising,” said Nee. “This year, as we embark in the Drive the Deal campaign, CREW-Miami will focus on empowering our members through educational programming, relationship building and member networking events to capture new business opportunities and seek further growth.”
Supporting the roll-out of this year’s campaign will be CREW-Miami’s 2013 Board of Directors, which consists of the industry’s leading real estate professionals and who will play a key role in driving the organization’s goals forward. The new board leadership is comprised of:
- President: Margaret Nee of Pointe Group Advisors
- President-Elect: Karyl Argamasilla of Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod
- Secretary: Alexandra “Sandy” Londono of Sabadell United Bank
- Treasurer: Sonia Cabello of Ortega Construction Co.
- Legal Counsel: Carolyn Kellman of Strickland Law Firm
- Director of Member Services: Louise Bendix of ComReal
- Director of Programs: Debra Kremblas of Procacci Development
- Director of Communications: Susan Cumins, Independent Professional Writer
- Director of Education: Terri Echarte of Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate Group
- Director of Sponsorship: Suzanne Amaducci-Adams of Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod
- Director of Membership & Hospitality: Lisa Mitchell of Taylor & Mathis
- Director of Signature Events: Danet Linares of Blanca Commercial Real Estate
- Immediate Past President: Maria Juncadella of Fairchild Partners
- CREW Network Liaison: Linda Adler of Carlton Fields
After a challenging few years for Miami’s residential and commercial market, sectors like hospitality, industrial, retail and multi-family continue to strengthen with domestic and international investors that are betting large on the future of South Florida’s real estate market, according to Nee.
In addition to embarking in this year’s campaign, the organization is also gearing up for the 2014 CREW Network Convention that will take place at the Loews Hotel in Miami Beach from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3 of 2014. With more than 1,000 national CREW members expected to attend, the event will allow local real estate professionals the opportunity to network and connect with members at a national level. The organization will get to showcase how Miami’s real estate market is bouncing back stronger through tours and events, in addition to the economic impact a convention of its size will bring to Miami.
“With this year’s campaign, our CREW-Miami leadership aims to get members and the broader business community to take a risk, bet big and focus on growing business,” says Nee. “Miami’s real estate market is sizzling and the time to drive the deal is now.”